Hidden Dangers of Mold. What is mold? Mold is a filamentous fungus that spreads through spores. These mold spores spread in the air and can form new colonies wherever moisture remains in your home. There are thousands of mold strains. Some of these strains such as Stachybotrys chartarum (black mold) produce dangerous toxins. In addition, there are many health risks from mold contamination. These health risks can include, repertory problems, rashes, nausea, headaches, and even more serious health problems. Even non-toxic molds like Chaetomium and Mucor (common in showers) can make your family ill.
Hidden Dangers of Mold
Also, water and bleach will not kill or prevent the spread of mold or spores. Therefore, you will need the services of a Mold Remediation Specialist to properly; contain, clean, and remove mold and prevent future contamination. So, if you find mold, mildew or wetness in your home, you may have a mold issue. The only way to be sure is to have the area inspected by a Mold Remediation Specialist. The experienced professionals at Gainesville Restoration and Remodeling can advise you about the best way to remove mold and mildew contamination. The longer mold exists, the harder it is to remove from your home. So if you find mold or mildew growing in your home, don’t delay calling a professional for help.
Hidden Dangers of Mold
Gainesville Mold Remediation Services:
- Assessment– Identify and address where mold exists within the home and devise a proper remediation plan.
- Containment– Identify the source of the moisture and isolate contaminated area to prevent the spread of spores.
- Filtration– Clean and filter air to remove spores and other contaminants using specialized equipment.
- Removal– Mold is a living organism. Therefore, it is crucial to remove, clean or dispose of materials affected by mold. Nonporous materials can be cleaned with antimicrobial cleaners and sealants. Porous materials may need to be disposed of to prevent re-contamination. Heating and air conditioning systems may require professional cleaning as well.
- Drying– Excessive moisture is what created to mold issue, to begin with. Therefore, it’s important to dry these items thoroughly to prevent future outbreaks.
- Repair– After removal of contaminated materials, and cleaning and drying of mold-free materials are completed; the reconstruction phase will begin.
- Test– After remediation is complete; we then test for any visible signs of moisture, mold or odors to ensure the problem has been resolved.
So, if you suspect or have a mold issue in your home or business; call to schedule a consultation with the mold removal professionals at Gainesville Restoration and Remodeling. You can also reach us by email. We are available 24/7 and can start the remediation process quickly to limit your property loss.